The Carolina Cyber Center (C3), established by Montreat College in 2019, has an open position serving as Proposal Coordinator.
Montreat College’s award-winning and visionary cybersecurity program prepares students to solve the cybersecurity issues and concerns faced today in many corporate and government environments. Montreat College is actively engaged in developing government, industry, and educational partnerships in the field of cybersecurity. In addition to a traditional on-campus program, and a global on-line program, Montreat College established the Carolina Cyber Center to focus on continuing education training (including an innovative workforce development program), providing regional cybersecurity services, and developing public/private partnerships to advance the “state of practice” in cybersecurity.
Position: Proposal Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
We’re looking for an aggressive self-starter with a proven track record of finding, responding to, and winning contracts at the municipal, county, state, and federal levels. You’ll be able to operate at the highest levels under strict deadlines to produce exceptional quality documents that will set us and our offerings apart from the rest. Some of the tasks you’ll be responsible for include, but is not limited to:
- Finding, vetting, and managing RFP/RFQ/FRIs published by municipalities, counties, state, and federal government agencies that fit our range of services
- Preparing compliant responses to RFP/RFQ/FRIs of varying size and scope
- Prep content for technical, management, corporate experience, key personnel, and past performance sections
- Research various topics and convert findings into accessible and compelling narratives that serve to sway proposal evaluators
- Frame stories using exceptional copy that are easily accessible to proposal evaluators
- Edit proposal documents for compliance, clarity, concision; ensure single voice
- Use journalistic interview techniques to capture essential information from staff, experts, partners, and potential clients.
- Lead corporate communication initiatives for internal outreach and external marketing
- Build proposals schedules, compliance matrices, outline storyboard-driven annotated proposals, etc.
- Develop proof points, case studies, client commendations, awards, graphics, tables, figures, charts, icons, etc.
- Support and/or lead the proposal lifecycle from start to finish at all levels
- Analyze RFP/RFQ/FRIs and recommend a bid/no-bid decisions; offer basis for recommendation based on all necessary factors
- Prepare Bid Analysis form that highlights all RFP/RFQ/FRIs data, e.g., POP, NAICS, due date, etc. and deliver to decision makers and stakeholders
- Prepare questions for the government that help narrow the decision gap
- Create (simple and easy to follow) proposal kickoff plan and calendar
- Prepare position descriptions based on requires sections
- Outline proposal according to required sections
- Build proposal volumes according to outline
- Populate all administrative data, e.g., dates, footers, headers, etc.
- Select, use, and integrate the right content from company’s proposal library
- Work with leadership to select past performances, resume templates, etc.
- Edit past performances, resume templates, etc. to reflect requires sections
- Populate and edit proposal volumes with boilerplate content to fit the needs and voice required by the organization, past performances, pricing, etc.
- Interview candidates to fill in gaps on their resume
- Define and delegate writing assignments to proposal writers
- Coordinate with leadership to prepare business/price proposal volume
- Editorialize and/or rewrite boilerplate content to map toRFP/RFQ/FRIs
- Research topics and convert findings into accessible narratives and bullet points
- Use and modify graphics, tables, figures, icons, imagery, etc.
- Design new graphics, tables, figures, icons, imagery, etc.
- Integrate, editorialize, and/or rewrite proposal writing contributions
- Edit proposal for single voice, clarity, concision, formatting, grammar, and punctuation
- Verify and validate proposal compliance
- Conduct pre-submission editorial and compliance review of all proposal package
- Drive quality assurance throughout the proposal lifecycle
- Manage multiple proposals at a time, prioritizing time and meeting deadlines
- Prepare compliance matrices only when mandated by RFP/RFQ/FRIs
- Manage proposal library in a highly organized manner
- Making FOIA requests to obtain winning proposals from competitors
- Analyzing and learning from competitors who’ve won RFP/RFQ/FRIs
- Share post-bid lessons learned with decision makers
- Propose ideas to streamline and refine processes
- Volunteer ideas to improve proposals
- Lead and/or support various corporate communication initiatives
- Register organization for different bidding platforms.
- Use a variety of RFP/RFQ/FRIs research and aggregate software
Knowledge and Skills
- Proposal coordination for city, state, county, and federal agencies
- Government contracting at all levels (knowledge of processes in Canada, the UK, and other commonwealths a plus)
- Incredible writing, editing, and communication
- Exceptional knowledge of using persuasive language and copy
- Analysis and problem solving
- Project management and time management
- Expert level use of Adobe products (ie., photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc)
- Expert level preparing graphics, infographics, and other visual representations
- Experience with RFP/RFQ/FRIs websites, databases, and software such as Federal Compass, RFP360, GovTribe, FBO/SAM, FPDS.gov, Fedmine, grants.gov, demand star, Periscope, BidPrime, GovWin, and others.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detailed-oriented, and conscientious
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Resourceful multi-tasker
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Team-first mindset
- Positive attitude
- Self-driven personality
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields
- Will consider verifiable expertise in lieu of education
- Eligible for security clearance
- ommitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- vision, mission, statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat College.
Application Requirements/How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The following materials should be submitted for consideration:
Send materials electronically to:
Director of Cyber Security Technology
Carolina Cyber Center of Montreat College
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
The Carolina Cyber Center began as a vision from Dr. Paul Maurer, President of Montreat College, in 2018 to leverage the tremendous progress Montreat College made with its cybersecurity education program (e.g., 50+% enrollment growth, highly qualified/experienced professors, CAE designation from NSA/DHS, MOU with the U.S. Army). Initial funding for C3 was provided by Montreat College and in 2019 the State of North Carolina provided additional funding. The Center’s vison is to be a national demonstration resource for developing community cyber awareness, ethical cybersecurity professionals, and public/private partnerships to advance the “state of practice” in cybersecurity.